In April, the market continued its upward trajectory to record highs. The Federal Reserve maintained near zero interest rates, record-breaking corporate earnings across the board, and the vaccinations crossed 100 million.
To end the month, the S&P 500 was up 5.2%, the Dow was up 2.7% and the Nasdaq was up 5.4%.
- The Federal Reserve announced it will keep the funds rate in the range of 0 – 0.25%.
- According to FactSet, 84% of the companies that reported earnings in April have performed better than expected, and 77% have outperformed on revenues.
- As of late April, more than 55% of Americans have received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Inflation has grown steadily, with the March consumer price index coming in at 2.6%, the fastest annual growth since August 2018.
- Gross domestic product grew at an annualized rate of 6.4% following a slower growth pace of 4.3% in the fourth quarter.
Let’s do the numbers.
Value: $27,665 | Gain: +$884 | Return:▲3.32% | Dividends: $103 | Investment: $375
In April, I received $103 in dividend income, and my portfolio gained $884 in value, or 3.32%. You may have noticed I am not investing as much as I was when I started investing.
In April, I received $103 in dividends from the following companies:
- SYK: $0.77
- JPM: $2.87
- MO: $8.84
- CSCO: $5.98
- XYLD: $19.96
- QYLD: $40.06
- SYY: $4.03
- ORCL: $0.46
- INTU: $0.36
- CPT: $5.64
- VTR: $6.03
- WMT: $1.18
- OC: $0.78
- NKE: $0.67
- FDX: $0.59
- KO: $2.32
- ADP: $2.48
In April, four companies in my portfolio increased dividends.
- P&G announced a dividend increase of 10% to $0.8698 per share.
- Costco announced a dividend increase of 13% to $0.79 per share.
- Johnson & Johnson announced a dividend increase of 5% to $1.06 per share.
- Apple announced a dividend increase of 7.3% to $0.22 per share.
In April, I added 4 new companies to my The JUST 100 list; Digital Realty Trust, Target, American Electric Power Company, and Medtronic. More information about these companies and dividend safety score can be found here.
Portfolio All-time (5/10/2021)
Projected Dividend Income
Annual: $1,419 | Monthly: $118
That’s it for this month. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. It’s always wonderful to hear from you.